The purpose of this email policy is to ensure the proper use of Nagy & Company Chartered Accountants (“NCCA“)’s email system, hereinafter referred to as the “email system.” Additionally, the email policy is to ensure the proper use by you, hereinafter referred to as the “User.” It is absolutely essential that Users are aware what NCCA deems as acceptable and unacceptable use of its email system.
If you have any problems with the privacy statement please do not hesitate to contact us.
Application of The Email Policy
This policy applies to every single use of the email system by NCCA and its users. It also applies to individuals, organizations, institutions, companies, and anyone who would like to use the email system. The email system is a business communications tool. The email system includes, but not limited to, electronic mail (“email”), instant messaging, and other digital messaging mediums. The system includes both income and outgoing digital messages.
Potential Legal Risks
Users are obliged to use this tool in a responsible, effective and lawful manner. Although the email system may seem to be less formal than other written communication, the same laws apply. Therefore, it is important that you are aware of the legal risks of email:
- If you send or forward emails with any libelous, defamatory, offensive, racist or obscene remarks, you, NCCA, an outside third party, or any combination of the three, can be held liable.
- If you unlawfully forward confidential information, you NCCA, an outside third party, or any combination of the three, can be held liable.
- If you unlawfully forward or copy messages without permission, NCCA, an outside third party, or any combination of the three, can be held liable for copyright infringement.
- If you send an attachment that contains a virus, NCCA, an outside third party, or any combination of the three, can be held liable.
By following the guidelines in this policy, you can minimize the legal risks involved in the use of email system. If you disregard the rules set out in this Email Policy, you will be liable for your actions.
The following rules are to be strictly adhered to. This is not an exclusive listing there may be scenarios that more items may be considered prohibited. The listing of prohibitions are:
- Send or forward emails containing libelous, defamatory, offensive, racist or obscene remarks. If you receive an email of this nature, you must promptly notify your supervisor.
- Forward a message with sensitive information without acquiring permission from the sender first.
- Send unsolicited email messages.
- Forge or attempt to forge email messages.
- Disguise or attempt to disguise your identity when sending mail.
- Send email messages using another person’s email account.
- Copy a message or attachment belonging to another user without permission of the originator
Email System Content
NCCA considers the email system an important means of communication and recognizes the importance of proper content in conveying a professional image. Users should take the same care in drafting a message as they would for any other communication.
Although the NCCA‘s email system is meant for business use, NCCA allows limited personal usage if it is reasonable and does not interfere with work. However the sending of chain letters, junk mail, jokes and executables is prohibited. All messages distributed via the NCCA‘s email system are NCCA’s property.
Do not send credit card details, social security numbers, or other confidential information via email. If you need to send confidential information, check with your supervisor for safe methods.
Users may not encrypt any emails without obtaining written permission from their supervisor. If approved, the encryption key(s) must be made known to NCCA‘s IT Department.
All email accounts maintained on our email systems are property of NCCA. Passwords should not be given to other people and should be routinely changed. Email accounts not used for predetermined amount of time will be deactivated and possibly deleted.
Email System Monitoring
Users expressly waive any right of privacy in anything they create, store, send or receive on the NCCA‘s computer system. The company can, but is not obliged to, monitor emails without prior notification. If there is evidence that you are not adhering to the guidelines set out in this policy, NCCA reserves the right to take disciplinary action, including termination and/or legal action.
Out Going Mail
All out going messages, using the email system, and any files appended to any outgoing digital message, using the email system, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NCCA. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. NCCA accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by our email system.