Canada Summer Jobs Program Application Deadline is January 29th
Source: Government of Canada
The call for applications is open from December 21, 2020 to January 29, 2021.
Canada Summer Jobs program objectives
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market.
The Canada Summer Jobs program objectives align with the redesigned Youth Employment and Skills Strategy and are as follows:
- provide quality work experiences for youth
- respond to national and local priorities to improve access to the labour market for youth who face unique barriers
- provide opportunities for youth to develop and improve their skills
Click here to visit the Government of Canada’s Program Page: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/canada-summer-jobs.html
The CFIB is working to get the January 29th Deadline extended
The program has had many helpful changes to deal with this COVID year.
The Summer Jobs Program now:
- Covers jobs from Apr 26, 2021 to Feb 26, 2022 (not just summer jobs).
- Covers up to 75% of wages.
- Includes PT workers.
- Allows employers to change job activities
Click here to read the full article: https://www.cfib-fcei.ca/en/tools-resources/canada-summer-jobs-youth