QuickBooks – Employment Income for Specific Period
CRA is adding the following codes for reporting employment income and retroactive payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic: 57, 58, 59, and 60.
In addition to reporting employment income in Box 14 or Code 71, employers can use these new information codes when reporting employment income and retroactive payments in the following periods:
- Box 57: Employment income – March 15 to May 9
- Box 58: Employment income – May 10 to July 4
- Box 59: Employment income – July 5 to August 29
- Box 60: Employment income – August 30 to September 26
Intuit has updated QuickBooks 2020 and 2021 with the functionality for T4 boxes 57-60 to auto-fill, while still letting you edit them as needed.
Note: If you have the new boxes, but they do not auto-fill, you are one update behind the current release.
If you are unable to update QuickBooks, or would prefer to manually run a report to find an employee’s income for a required period, please follow the instructions below.
How to get employment income for a specific period:
- Select Reports-> Employees & Payroll-> PD7A report.
The PD7A Summary displays:
- Double-click the value of Gross Payroll for Period.
A detailed report displays:
- Change the date range to March 15 – May 9 and total by Payee. The employment income (gross income) for all employees displays.
For example, from Dec 1 – Dec 31 the employment income for Frank Murray is $3000 and John Doe is $3,840: